Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Pick, Crush, Repeat...

Nothing new here. Pick, haul the fruit to the winery, crush the fruit, haul the empty bins back to the vineyard, pick again. That interspersed with irratic four-wheeler rides to figure out what the hell we are picking next and the constant ring, vibrate or beeb or my phone pretty much sums up life during harvest.

I do have to admit that I am sort of looking forward to my second favorite day of the year, the end of harvest (the start of harvest is my favorite).

We are still pushing hard but should have the lion's share done by the end of next week. All in all fruit quality looks great. I think we hit the canopy to crop load balance spot on (knock on wood) in most places.

More on harvest later. Time to go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment